YoWhatsApp, also known as YoWA, is for many the best WhatsApp Mods, being one of the modifications you have to try at some point, if you haven’t already tried it with some modification that is based on it, like the popular Fouad WhatsApp.
In this article we are going to show you how YoWhatsApp works, besides showing you its advantages and disadvantages, its privacy and customization functions, besides some extra functions. and Of course we will show you how to download, install or update the application.
What is YoWhatsApp
YoWhatsApp is a WhatsApp Mods, that is, a modification of WhatsApp for Android, to which are added lots of extra features that you can not find in the official application, such as privacy features, customization and even the ability to download themes.
The application is developed by Yousef Al Basha, who has been able, update after update, to turn this modification into an almost cult application for many WhatsApp users, being, along with GBWhatsApp, the best WhatsApp Mod that exists, as well as the most popular one along with WhatsApp Plus.
Advantages and Disadvantages of YoWhatsApp
The advantages of using YoWhatsApp instead of the official WhatsApp application are numerous, and that is that this application gives us the ability to configure privacy like no other WhatsApp Mods, in addition to allowing us to customize it and even install themes.
The drawbacks are obvious, especially two: the first would be the possibility that WhatsApp cancel our account, something that has never happened with this application, also has an anti-banning function; the second is to install Android applications outside of Google Play, with which we run the risk of filling up with viruses or malware, has never occurred with this app either.
Privacy Functions in YoWhatsApp
This is where YoWhatsApp stands out above all existing WhatsApp Mods, and also, if you like the customization that already carries the original application, then you can focus only on privacy, as we can remove the customization options.
To configure the Privacy options click on the menu button (3 points in vertical upper right) from the home screen and go to the YoMods option. Here we see the option “Privacy”, if we press it we can see the options that we can configure:
- Freeze last seen: Our connection time will be stopped, so we hide that we are online.
- Anti-Delete messages: We will be able to see the deleted messages of our contacts.
- Custom Privacy: We can configure the privacy of each chat individually. Below we explain that we can configure each chat.
- Who can call me?: We can limit who can call us, by default all.
- Hide view Status: We can see the Status of our contact without being seen.
- Shows blue ticks after reply: Very good option, since our contacts will only see that we have read their messages once answered.
- Contacts: We can set the privacy for all contacts at once. Below we explain that we can configure each chat.
- Groups: We can set privacy for all groups at once. Below we explain that we can configure in each chat.
- Broadcasts: We can configure the privacy for our diffusion messages. Here we can configure: Hide blue ticks, Hide second tick and hide blue microphone.
In the Privacy options of Contacts and Groups we can configure the following options:
- Hide Blue Ticks: It will not show the blue ticks to our contacts when we read their messages.
- Hide Second Tick: It will not show the second tick to our contacts when we receive their messages.
- Hide Blue Microphone: It will not show the blue microphone when to our contacts when we listen to their voice messages.
- Hide typing: It will not show when we are writing a message.
- Hide Recording: It will not show when we are recording voice messages.
- Hide View Status: It will not show when we see the Status of our contact.
- Anti-Delete Message: We can see the deleted messages of our contact.
In addition to the option “Privacy > Contacts”, if we want to configure the privacy of a contact or group we can go from the chat in question to “Info Contact or group > Privacy”.
And, as we have already commented, we can also remove the customization options of YoWhatsApp and leave only the Privacy options, for this we go to “menu button > YoMods” and we will see in the top right a button-Switch called “Privacy Only”, if we deactivate it only appear the privacy options.
To get to the customization options of YoWhatsApp we must go to “Button menu > YoMods”, from here we will see: Universal, Main Screen, Conversation Screen and Floating Action Button. From each of them we will be able to configure the colors and styles, besides other details from the Mods option.
We also have the option YoThemes, from which we can install one of the thousands of themes available. At any time we can return to the original default theme by clicking on the “Reset preferences” option.
Extras Functions in YoWhatsApp
We can Hide Chats from the home screen, to do so, hold down a chat, click on the menu button and select the Hide Chat option and choose a blocking system: pattern, PIN or fingerprint. To see the hidden chat, from the home screen, click on YoWhatsApp. To unhide it we hold it down, click on the menu and select Unhide Chat.
We can also block YoWhatsApp by Passwords, either by pattern, PIN or fingerprint. To do this go to “menu button > YoMods > Password > WhatsApp Lock”. We can even block only chats, to do this, from the chat, click “View Contact or Group Info > Security”.
Sending a Message or Calling any number that is not a contact is possible and in a very simple way, saving us from having to add it to our agenda. Simply, from the home screen, go to “menu button > Send a message to a number”.
If we go to menu button > YoMods we can see more extra functions from “Universal> Mods”, like changing the language or emojis, select GIFs server or increase time from States to 5 minutes. Also from menu button > YoMods > Other Mods, as you can see in the image below, we have many other extra functions, related to the files we send above all.
Another interesting option is Hide Media from Gallery, which allows us to hide all the photos, or videos or GIFs in our gallery. This we can do more individually from each chat, from the option “Media Visibility”.
News Latest Version of YoWhatsApp
The latest version 2018 of YoWhatsApp (October 17) is version 7.70, whose complete list of new features is as follows:
- [Base Update] 2.18.293
- [Exclusive] Know which new messages are deleted in chat (🚫)! Note: Anti-Delete must be activated (YoMods > Privacy > Anti-Delete messages)
- [Enabled] Swipe to reply!
- [Enabled] Group calls
- [Enabled] Forwarded messages label
- [Enabled] PiP – Watch YouTube videos without leaving Whatsapp!
- [Added] Increase Delete For Everyone limit 10x (11 hrs)
- [Added] Increased Forward select limit (for indian users)
- [Added] Increased Multicast to 100
- [Added] Voice note bar color (Option 3.1.28)
- [Added] Voice note play button color (Option 3.1.29)
- [Added] Support for themes with Home wallpaper in YoThemes Store
- [Added] “Forwarded” tag automatically takes color
- [Fixed] Per chat wallpaper (Option 3.3.0)
- [Fixed] Proximity Sensor Option (5.0.4)
- [Fixed] Call a number empty number crash
- [Fixed] Elapsed time
- [Improved] Lock Screen orientation (Portrait only)
- [Improved] Moved Copy button instead of translate
- [Temporary] Disabled pic outside for Audio messages
- [Removed] Amiri Font
-  Other reported bugs
As we always recommend, before updating YoWhatsApp you have to make a backup of all your conversations, photos and videos. To do this go to “Settings > chats > Backup”, so if something goes wrong, you won’t lose all your conversations.
Now download the latest version of YoWhatsApp -below we leave you the download links of the APK-, either as a main number of WhatsApp or second or third number, depending on whether you have installed, simply install the APK normally, without having to uninstall the application first.
Download YoWhatsApp (APK)
Here you have the links to download YoWhatsApp, where you can choose between the versions for main number, second or third, as well as with emojis changer or not, as you like or prefer.
Download YoWhatsApp 7.70 > As Main number with emojis changer | As Main number without emojis changer | As Second Number With Emojis changer | As Second Number Without emojis changer | As Third Number With Emojis changer | As Third Number Without emojis changer
Install YoWhatsApp (APK)
Here are the steps to install YoWhatsApp as the main number for the first time. If it’s like second or third number just download the APK, with or without emojis changer, and install it normally, remember to activate the option “Install from unknown sources” on your phone.
- Create a backup of your WhatsApp. Go to “Settings > Chats” and click on “Backup”.
- Uninstall WhatsApp or any other MOD you have installed.
- If you don’t already have it enabled, check the “Install from Unknown Sources” or “Unknown Sources” option. Go to Phone Settings > Security.
- Install the APK downloaded from the YoWhatsApp application.
- Now you will have to follow all the steps that indicate you from the same application. Restore the conversations at the end, not at the beginning. You will see that it tells you that it does not find them, click on skip and you can get it on the next screen.
- You have already installed YoWhatsApp!!
Comment that if you have a Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, S7, Note4, Note5 or Note 7 you will not be able to install YoWhatsApp as the main number in your device, although you can install it as a second or third number.
So far this extensive tutorial on YoWhatsApp, where we hope to have solved all the doubts you might have about this modification. Anyway, if you have any doubt you can write us a comment and we will try to help you as much as possible.