WhatsApp Plus, also known as WhatsApp+, is possibly the most popular WhatsApp Mods of 2018, although this does not mean that it is the best. With constant updates, the application introduces new features that not even WhatsApp for Android has.
In this article we will discover all the features of WhatsApp Plus, as well as show you its advantages and disadvantages, how it works, how to download and install the latest version or how to update it. Absolutely everything you need to know is here.
What is WhatsApp Plus?
WhatsApp Plus is a modification of WhatsApp for Android, also known as WhatsApp Mods, which adds new privacy features, customization and extras that the official application does not have.
The origins of WhatsApp MODs are in the mythical WhatsApp Plus, the original, developed by Rafalense, and has nothing to do with it, which is developed by Abu Saddam Rifai. In addition, this new WhatsApp+ is based on GBWhatsApp, of which we could say that only the name changes and very little more.
Advantages and Disadvantages of WhatsApp Plus
Advantages of using WhatsApp Plus are many, and is that privacy features are added with which we can do everything, such as become invisible, read without being seen, etc., in addition to being able to customize the application to the extreme with hundreds of options and even themes. Without forgetting the many extra features it also has.
The disadvantages of using such an application are obvious, and is that we could be banned by WhatsApp, something that has not been produced for years, even the application has an anti-baneo function. Another drawback is that not being on Google Play could expose us to possible viruses or malware, another option that has never been given either, no matter how much some ignorant media say.
Privacy Features in WhatsApp Plus
This could be considered the most important section of the application, and is that the options WhatsApp Plus gives us to configure our privacy are really incredible. To access them we have to go to “Button menu (3 vertical points top right) > Privacy”.
Here we want to give you a personal advice, and is that although it is great, use very carefully, better not use, the Enable Anti-Revoke function, with which we can see the messages deleted from our contacts, because WhatsApp could detect that you are doing “strange things” and ban your account.
The Privacy features of WhatsApp PLUS are:
- Hide Online: Hide our status and we will not appear online.
- Blue Ticks: Hides the blue message ticks read to our contacts, we will see yours.
- Second Tick: Hides the second tick of message received to our contacts, we will see yours.
- Writing Status: Hides when we are writing a message.
- Recording: It hides that we are recording a message.
- Blue Microphone: Hides the blue microphone from our contacts when listening to voice messages.
- Hide view Status: Hide our visit to our contacts.
- Enable Anti-Revoke: View messages deleted from our contacts.
In this way we will be able to configure our privacy in a general way, but we will also be able to do it individually, for each contact or group. To do this, go to “contact info or group > Privacy”.
Customize WhatsApp Plus
Undoubtedly the strong point of the application is the customization that we can apply, as we can customize every last detail of chats, notifications, widgets and anything else, without forgetting the possibility of installing themes.
It would be crazy to explain each customization option, there are hundreds and this article would become gigantic and very heavy, but we will tell you how to customize WhatsApp Plus. If you have any problem or doubt you can write us a comment and we will gladly solve it for you.
To customize we go to “Button menu (3 vertical points upper right side) > More Settings”, here we will find the customization settings of the Conversation Screen, Main, Notifications, Widgets and even Mod 11 with which to change the font of the application.
Within each customization option you can see the different options you can customize such as headers, chat panels, colors and other buttons. There are a lot of them and you will be able to get a really personalized application to your taste.
And of course, there is the possibility of downloading themes for WhatsApp Plus, there are hundreds, if not thousands, for it you must go to “Button Menu > More Settings > Download Topics”. Simply select the topic and click on APPLY.
Extras Functions in WhatsApp Plus
If we go to “menu button > More Settings > 5 Media Sharing”, we can set the upload limit up to 50 MB, the quality of the images we send, the maximum resolution of our States, be able to send original images or increase the time limit of videos in our State to 7 minutes (you can only see them in their entirety who also has WhatsApp Plus installed).
And if we go to Other Mods (menu button > More Settings > Other Mods), we can also configure other good bunch of options, like notifications, deactivate calls, always be online, and many, many more options, as you can see in the screenshot below.
Another very interesting option is to lock access to WhatsApp Plus with a password, for this we go to “menu button > More Settings > Lock”. We can also save space with the option Clear Files (menu button > More Settings > Clear Files) and even change the language of the application without changing the language of the phone.
Another extra interesting feature that you will like is to leave WhatsApp Plus offline, but without turning off your internet connection. From the main screen you will see the WiFi icon, with which you can disconnect your WhatsApp.
Other extra functions are to Program a Message (Menu Button > Program Message) and even create an answering machine (Menu Button > More Settings > Auto Reply Message) that we can configure for the contacts we want.
An almost secret function and few know is to create a chat with a number that you do not have in your contacts. To achieve this, go to the Call Screen, click on the dial number button (bottom right), type the number with the prefix in front (in Spain, for example it would be +34) and press the send message button (bottom right).
News Latest Version
The latest version of WhatsApp Plus in 2018 (November 11) is version 6.65, whose complete list of new features is as follows:
- [ New ] Base Updated to 2.18.327
- [ Enabled ] Stickers
- [ Super – Exclusive ] No More Forward Tag to Opposite Person even if you forward
- [ Exclusive ] @mention Icon on Main Screen to easily Know where you are tagged
- [ Exclusively Improved ] Option to Block Calls with/without Showing Ringing to Opp Person.
- [ Exclusively Added ] New Option to Select Part Message (Mod 1.2.2)
- [ Enabled ] Swipe To Reply
- [ Enabled ] Group Calls
- [ Increased ] Forward Limit for Indian Users
- [ Added ] Option to Set Duration for Revoked Message Notification (Mod 6.8)
- [ Added ] Themed Stickers Tab
- [ Updated ] Indonesian Language
- [ Fixed ] Hidden Chats Showing in Calls Tab
- [ Fixed ] Square Pics
- [ Fixed ] Search in Themes
- Many Other Fixes
Update WhatsApp PLUS
Before updating WhatsApp Plus we recommend you to make a backup (Settings > chats > Backup), this way you will never lose your conversations and you will be over safe.
Now download the latest WhatsApp Plus version -below we leave you the APK download links-, either as main WhatsApp number or extra number, and install the APK as normal, without having to uninstall the application first.
Download WhatsApp Plus (APK)
Here are the updated links to the latest version of WhatsApp Plus, the new version 6.65. You can install the application as the main number of WhatsApp or as a second, third and even fourth number, for which you will need either an extra SIM or virtual numbers.
If you want to install as the main number of your WhatsApp account use the com.whatsapp package, if you want it as an extra number, then download any of the other 3 packages. The links to download WhatsApp Plus are as follows:
- WhatsApp+ (com.whatsapp)
- WhatsApp+2 (com.wa2whatsapp) | WhatsApp+3 (com.wa3whatsapp) | WhatsApp+4 (com.wa4whatsapp)
Install WhatsApp Plus (APK)
Now that you have the correct version of WhatsApp Plus that you want to install, to install it for the first time delete the original WhatsApp for Android or WhatsApp MODs that you have installed, but first make a copy of your chats!!
If you want to install WhatsApp Plus for the first time as a main WhatsApp number follow these steps:
- Create a backup copy of your WhatsApp. Go to “Settings > Chats” and click on “Backup”.
- Uninstall WhatsApp or any other MOD you have installed.
- If you do not already have it activated, activate the option “Install from Unknown Sources” or “Unknown Sources”. Go to Phone Settings > Security.
- Install the APK downloaded from the WhatsApp Plus application.
- Now you will have to follow all the steps that indicate you from the same application. Restore the conversations at the end, not the beginning. You will see that it tells you that it does not find them, click on skip and you can get it on the next screen.
- WhatsApp Plus!! is already installed.
To install WhatsApp Plus as a second, third or fourth number, simply install the downloaded APK, and remember to give the relevant permissions to install applications from unknown sources if you have never done so before.
We hope you liked it and you will find this WhatsApp Plus tutorial helpful. Anyway, if you have any doubt write us a comment and we will try to solve all your doubts.