All WhatsApp MODs are installed in the same way. Luckily, we don’t have to root our device anymore, as we did with the original WhatsApp PLUS, the origin of all this, so the steps to follow are simple, but you must know them.
Whether you want to install WhatsApp PLUS, GBWhatsApp, YoWhatsApp or any other WhatsApp MOD for the first time, there are a number of steps and considerations you should know. Also, replacing WhatsApp with one of these modifications is not the same as installing a modification as a second or third phone number. Here’s the whole story.
Steps to install any WhatsApp MODs
If we want to replace the official WhatsApp application or any WhatsApp Mod with any other WhatsApp Mod and put it with our main phone number, we must follow these steps:
- The first thing you need to do is make a backup. To do this from WhatsApp go to “Settings > Chats > Backup” and click on “Save”.
- Now uninstall WhatsApp (or the WhatsApp Mod you have installed)
- Enable the “Install from unknown sources” or “Unknown sources” option, sometimes depending on your device. To do this go to Phone Settings > Security.
- Now search and click on the downloaded file from your favorite WhatsApp Mods to start the installation.
- Do NOT click on restore conversations yet and follow all installation steps (same as in the original WhatsApp)
- When the installation is complete, click Restore Conversations. If you hang around looking for the copy, close the application and log back in.
- You already have your WhatsApp MODs installed.
Steps to install any WhatsApp MODs as a second or third phone number
If we want to install a WhatsApp MODs as a second or third phone number you do not need to delete the original WhatsApp (or the modification you have installed), simply click on the file downloaded from your favorite modified WhatsApp and follow the installation steps.
Below are the links to the main WhatsApp MODs we talked about in the blog, where you can find the download links: