GBWhatsApp, also known as GBWhatsApp Plus or WhatsApp GB, is undoubtedly the most popular WhatsApp Mods of 2020. With constant updates with which the application is improving and adding new features that the original application, WhatsApp for Android, does not have.
If you want to know in depth and learn everything about GBWhatsApp, we recommend that you read the whole article, we will show you what advantages and disadvantages it offers regarding the official application, how it works, how to download the GBWhatsApp APK, how to update it and everything you need to know to be a true expert.
What is GBWhatsApp
If you still don’t know what GBWhatsApp for Android is, you’ve come to the right place. This is a modification of WhatsApp for Android to which are added extra features that the original application does not have, such as privacy and customization, plus some extra features.
And it is that this WhatsApp MODs has its origins in the mythical WhatsApp Plus, the original, which was developed by Rafalense and was the one that started with all this movement of WhatsApp modifications. Now GBWhatsApp can be considered his worthy successor, with periodic updates that add new extra features.
Advantages and Disadvantages of GBWhatsApp
The advantages of GBWhatsApp over the original version of the application are many, and we will try to count them all throughout the article, as extra privacy features to see without being seen, plus hundreds of functions to customize the application to your liking, with thousands of topics included.
The disadvantages of using GBWhatsApp instead of WhatsApp for Android could be summarized in one, and that is that although the application has implemented an anti-banning function, we always remain in doubt if for some reason we could lose our account by using it, which for now has never happened.
Without a doubt the extra privacy functions that GBWhatsApp adds to the original application are a sufficient reason to install it. And is that if we go to “Button menu (3 vertical points top right) > Privacy” we can see all the settings offered by the application.
Perhaps, and this is a personal recommendation, we should be careful with the Enable Anti-Revoke function, which allows us to see the messages deleted by our contacts, since it is at the server level and WhatsApp could detect that you are doing “strange things” and ban yourself.
The Privacy functions that we can configure from GBWhatsApp are:
- Hide Online Status: Hide our status and we won’t appear online.
- Blue Ticks: Hides the blue message ticks read to our contacts, we will see yours.
- Second Tick: Hides the second tick of message received to our contacts, we will see yours.
- Writing Status: Hides when we are writing a message.
- Recording: It hides that we are recording a message.
- Blue Microphone: Hides the blue microphone from our contacts when listening to voice messages.
- Hide view Status: Hide our visit to our contacts.
- Enable Anti-Revoke: View deleted messages from our contacts.
In addition, we can configure these privacy options for each contact individually. To do this from the chat screen we have with that contact, click on info > privacy.
Another of GBWhatsApp’s strengths is the customization it allows us to do, and that is that we will be able to customize every last detail of the application, from chats to notifications and even the widget, absolutely everything!
If we go to “Button menu (3 vertical points top right) > GBSettings” we can customize the Conversation Screen, such as the colors of the header, chat colors, choose a translucent mode or photos in chat messages, the Main Screen, modifying the header, chat panels, the screen of calls, contacts, toast, choose a translucent mode, the quick access button (button + that appears at the bottom right of the main screen) and highlighted messages.
We can also customize the widgets, such as their background, header, size and colors. From the option Universal > Styles (Appearance), there is the possibility to choose the font, having a lot of possibilities to choose, type of emojis, change icons or notification icons.
Finally, there is also the possibility of downloading themes for GBWhatsApp, there are thousands, from the application itself we can download the themes from “Menu Button > GBSettings > Themes”.
Apart from privacy and personalization, GBWhatsApp has a good handful of extra features. Here are the most important ones.
From menu button > GBSettings > Universal > Settings we have the possibility to select the quality of images we send or the number, send original images or increase the forwarding limit (not advisable, they can ban you) and much more.
Other extras would be the possibility to lock GBWhatsApp with a password, pattern or fingerprint from the main screen by clicking on “WhatsApp”. Another extra function is to create a chat with a number you don’t have in your contacts from menu button > Send Message to Number. You can also leave WhatsApp offline by clicking on the Wifi icon at the top right.
What’s New Latest Version of GBWhatsApp
The last version of GBWhatsApp from 2020 (July 8th) is version 10.50, whose complete list of new features we leave you with below:
- Version 10.50:
- [Added] Added Message Scheduler (We do not recommend using it for banning purposes)
- [Added] Added Message Auto Reply (We do not recommend using it for banning purposes)
- [Added] Broadcast Message To Group (We do not recommend using it for banning purposes)
- [Fixed] Fix Themes Apply
- [Fixed] Fix the appearance of errors in some devices
- [Misc ] Other improvements and fixes
- Version 10.40:
- [Added] Proxy VPN
- [Added] More Icons
- [Fixed] Fix Privacy
- [Improvement] Performance and speed of application
- [Fixed] Fix the appearance of errors in some devices
- [Fixed] Other improvements and fixes
- Version 10.35:
- [Updated] Base: 2.20.123
- [Exclusive] Option to Separate Chats / Groups conversations into two screens!
- [Added] Swipe chat row in home screen to see quick actions
- [Added] Use new WhatsApp Fingerprint UI
- [Added] Bottom bar style option to Home UI
- [Added] Dark Mode for WhatsApp and YoSettings
- [Added] Download Emoji variants from YoSettings
- [Added] Option to use Phone system emoji variant for WhatsApp
- [Improvement] Reduce APK size to 33mb!
- [Improvement] Performance and speed
- [Fixed] People pictures shows incorrectly in Instagram status style
- [Fixed] Status text not appearing sometimes when replying to status
- [Fixed] Toolbar icons changing to white randomly
- [Fixed] YoThemes Server not loading
- [Fixed] Black line when scrolling when Instagram status style is enabled
-  Other improvements and fixes
Install GBWhatsApp (APK)
If you want to install it for the first time as your main WhatsApp number, follow these steps:
- Create a backup copy of your WhatsApp. Go to “Settings > Chats” and click on “Backup”.
- Uninstall WhatsApp or any other MOD you have installed.
- If you do not already have it activated, activate the option “Install from Unknown Sources” or “Unknown Sources”. Go to Phone Settings > Security.
- Install the APK downloaded from the GBWhatsApp application.
- Now you will have to follow all the steps that indicate you from the same application. Restore the conversations at the end, not at the beginning. You will see that it tells you that it does not find them, click on skip and you can get it on the next screen.
- You already have GBWhatsApp! installed!
If you want to install GBWhatsApp as a second or third number, simply install the downloaded APK, but remember to give the relevant permissions to install applications from unknown sources.
If you already have GBWhatsApp installed on your Android device, updating the application to the latest version is really simple. Simply download the GBWhatsApp APK, either as a main number or as a second or third number, and install it as normal.
However, before updating WhatsApp GB we recommend that you make a backup of your chats (Settings > chats > Backup), you never know what may happen and you better go on safe.
Download GBWhatsApp (APK)
To Download GBWhatsApp, there are 2 possibilities; one is to download the com.whatsapp package, this will be used to install the application as the main number of our current WhatsApp account or the WhatsApp MODS we have installed. The other package, com.gbwhatsapp, is downloaded to install it as a second WhatsApp number, so you will need to have a second SIM or extra virtual number.
So depending on your processor the links to download GBWhatsApp are as follows:
And so far this tutorial on GBWhatsApp, we hope you have found it useful, and if even after reading it have any questions or problems, do not hesitate to write a comment, we will try to help you in everything we can.