GBWhatsApp, also known as GBWhatsApp Plus or WhatsApp GB, is undoubtedly the most popular WhatsApp Mods of 2019. With constant updates with which the application is improving and adding new features that the original application, WhatsApp for Android, does not have.
If you want to know in depth and learn everything about GBWhatsApp, we recommend that you read the whole article, we will show you what advantages and disadvantages it offers regarding the official application, how it works, how to download the GBWhatsApp APK, how to update it and everything you need to know to be a true expert.
What is GBWhatsApp
If you still don’t know what GBWhatsApp for Android is, you’ve come to the right place. This is a modification of WhatsApp for Android to which are added extra features that the original application does not have, such as privacy and customization, plus some extra features.
And it is that this WhatsApp MODs has its origins in the mythical WhatsApp Plus, the original, which was developed by Rafalense and was the one that started with all this movement of WhatsApp modifications. Now GBWhatsApp can be considered his worthy successor, with periodic updates that add new extra features.
Advantages and Disadvantages of GBWhatsApp
The advantages of GBWhatsApp over the original version of the application are many, and we will try to count them all throughout the article, as extra privacy features to see without being seen, plus hundreds of functions to customize the application to your liking, with thousands of topics included.
The disadvantages of using GBWhatsApp instead of WhatsApp for Android could be summarized in one, and that is that although the application has implemented an anti-banning function, we always remain in doubt if for some reason we could lose our account by using it, which for now has never happened.
Privacy Functions in GBWhatsApp
Without a doubt the extra privacy functions that GBWhatsApp adds to the original application are a sufficient reason to install it. And is that if we go to “Button menu (3 vertical points top right) > Privacy” we can see all the settings offered by the application.
Perhaps, and this is a personal recommendation, we should be careful with the Enable Anti-Revoke function, which allows us to see the messages deleted by our contacts, since it is at the server level and WhatsApp could detect that you are doing “strange things” and ban yourself.
The Privacy functions that we can configure from GBWhatsApp are:
- Hide Online Status: Hide our status and we won’t appear online.
- Blue Ticks: Hides the blue message ticks read to our contacts, we will see yours.
- Second Tick: Hides the second tick of message received to our contacts, we will see yours.
- Writing Status: Hides when we are writing a message.
- Recording: It hides that we are recording a message.
- Blue Microphone: Hides the blue microphone from our contacts when listening to voice messages.
- Hide view Status: Hide our visit to our contacts.
- Enable Anti-Revoke: View deleted messages from our contacts.
In addition, we can configure these privacy options for each contact individually. To do this from the chat screen we have with that contact, click on info > privacy.
Another of GBWhatsApp’s strengths is the customization it allows us to do, and that is that we will be able to customize every last detail of the application, from chats to notifications and even the widget, absolutely everything!
If we go to “Button menu (3 vertical points top right) > GB Settings” we can customize the Conversation Screen, such as the colors of the header, chat colors, choose a translucent mode or photos in chat messages, the Main Screen, modifying the header, chat panels, the screen of calls, contacts, toast, choose a translucent mode, the quick access button (button + that appears at the bottom right of the main screen) and highlighted messages.
We can also customize the Pop-up Notifications, such as colors, background and so on, in addition to widgets, such as their background, header, size and colors. Another Mod, the 11, is the possibility of choosing the font, having a lot of possibilities to choose.
Finally, there is also the possibility of downloading themes for GBWhatsApp, there are thousands, for it you must download GBThemes, an additional application that we can download from the application itself, which will take us to the direct download from “Button Menu > GB Settings > Download Themes”.
Extras Functions in GBWhatsApp
Apart from privacy and personalization, GBWhatsApp has a good handful of extra features. Here are the most important ones.
Configure the files we share from mod 5 (menu button > GB Settings > Media Sharing), with the possibility to select the upload limit, quality of images we send, resolution in our States, send original images or increase the time limit of videos in our State to 7 minutes (only can see them in their entirety who also has GBWhatsApp installed).
We can also go to Other Mods (menu button > GB Settings > Other Mods), where as you can see in the screenshots below, we can do a lot of things that with the original WhatsApp would be impossible to do.
Other extras would be the possibility to lock GBWhatsApp with a password from mod 7 (button menu > GB Settings > Lock), clean files that take up space with mod 8 (button menu > GB Settings > Clean WhatsApp Files), or change language from the application itself.
More extra function is the possibility to leave without connection to GBWhatsApp, without having to turn off our Internet connection, for it from the main screen you can see the WiFi icon, from which you can turn off the connection directly.
We can also Program a Message (Menu Button > Message Scheduler) or even create an answering machine (Menu Button > GB Settings > Auto Reply Message) that we can use only with the contacts we want or with all of them.
Another extra feature that few know is the possibility of creating a chat with a number that you don’t have in your contacts. To do this, as you can see above, go to the Call Screen, click on the dial number button (bottom right), type the number with the prefix in front (in Spain, for example would be +34) and press the send message button (bottom right).
What’s New Latest Version of GBWhatsApp
The latest version of GBWhatsApp from 2019 (January 22nd) is version 6.70, whose complete list of new features we leave below:
- [ Added ] Now You can Add Stickers From PlayStore to any Package
- [ Added ] New Fonts
- [ Added ] New Launcher Icons
- [ Added ] Option to Disable click on Header for Hidden Chats (Mod 6.21)
- [ Added ] Now You can Sort Messages Sent By (Newest/Oldest)
- [ Added ] Confirmation Dialog when Call in Group Chat
- [ Increased ] Pin Chats from 25 to 30
- [ Fixed ] Force Close when Select more than 2 contacts in Auto Reply/Message Scheduler
- [ Fixed ] Change App Language in Android Oreo and Pie
- [ Fixed ] Showing View Messages sent By when Click on More Contacts in Group Profile
- Many More Fixes
If you already have GBWhatsApp installed on your Android device, updating the application to the latest version is really simple. Simply download the GBWhatsApp APK, either as a main number or as a second or third number, and install it as normal.
However, before updating WhatsApp GB we recommend that you make a backup of your chats (Settings > chats > Backup), you never know what may happen and you better go on safe.
Download GBWhatsApp (APK)
In this section we will leave you the updated links to the latest version of GBWhatsApp, in this case to version 6.70. Keep in mind if you want to have the application as WhatsApp main number (GBWhatsApp Plus package), or as second number (GBWhatsApp2 package) or third number (GBWhatsApp3 package).
In addition, since version 6.50 we must also take into account the instruction sets of our processor. For this we have to download the application Droid Hardware Info, with which from the tab SYSTEM we can see and you will see the information in the section “Instruction Sets”. So the version you need to download will depend on this information.
So depending on your processor the links to download GBWhatsApp are as follows:
- GBWhatsApp (Main Number): _armeabi-v7a_ | _arm64-v8a_ | _x86_
- GBWhatsApp (Second Number): _armeabi-v7a_ | _arm64-v8a_ | _x86_
- GBWhatsApp (Third Number): _armeabi-v7a_ | _arm64-v8a_ | _x86_
Install GBWhatsApp (APK)
Once you have downloaded the GBWhatsApp APK, if you want to install it for the first time, you will have to delete the original WhatsApp for Android or the WhatsApp MODs you have installed, but first make a copy of your chats!!
If you want to install it as the main WhatsApp number follow these steps:
- Create a backup copy of your WhatsApp. Go to “Settings > Chats” and click on “Backup”.
- Uninstall WhatsApp or any other MOD you have installed.
- If you do not already have it activated, activate the option “Install from Unknown Sources” or “Unknown Sources”. Go to Phone Settings > Security.
- Install the APK downloaded from the GBWhatsApp application.
- Now you will have to follow all the steps that indicate you from the same application. Restore the conversations at the end, not at the beginning. You will see that it tells you that it does not find them, click on skip and you can get it on the next screen.
- You already have GBWhatsApp! installed!
If you want to install GBWhatsApp as a second or third number, simply install the downloaded APK, but remember to give the relevant permissions to install applications from unknown sources.
And so far this tutorial on GBWhatsApp, we hope you have found it useful, and if even after reading it have any questions or problems, do not hesitate to write a comment, we will try to help you in everything we can.